Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jasmine Bee - 4 1/2 years old!

Can you believe that Jasmine is 4 1/2? I can't. I feel that she has just shot up in the last year and it is amazing to see all that she can do and how independent she is. She has such a vibrant spirit and is so full of life. She is bright and mischevious and I have to be on my toes all the time to make sure she isn't sliding something past me.
She talks a mile a minute. She never stops and when she wants to explain something to you she can be very long winded and redundant. It is part of her charm and also part of her torture mechanism as she tries to wear us down to get what she wants.
She is great in school and academically is doing amazing. She is reading some short books and can write fairly well for her age - I can definitely tell when she writes her name what it says. Her only issue at school is talking too loud, too much and being a bit bossy with the other kids.
She is a natural leader and all the kids always follow her - even older kids. She seems to have an air of authority and projects that she knows what she is doing.
She can buckle her own seat belt, put on her own clothes, brush her own teeth and work the TV. She still loves to be read to and she will sit as long as you can read to her. Her favorite toys are her ponies, Barbie Dolls and anything girly. She especially loves to dress up.
She is a snuggle bunny and a very loving child and loves to express that to everyone. She is quick to include everyone in her world and accepts everyone also. She is opinionated and strong willed and is a girl who knows what she wants.
Most recently, she told me that she wanted to be a doctor when she grows up and that she will need the proper tools. I told her she would have to go to doctor school and she quickly replied, "OK Mommy, but you will have to take me because I don't know where it is!"
She tries my patience but I love that little girl so very much and sometimes I wonder if she really knows how much I love her, admire her strength of character and her vibrant spirit. She is my little love and I am so blessed to have her!

0 comments: