Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best New Business of 2009!

I love going to fancy dress up Christmas parties and since Lorne's office hasn't had one since we were dating and I haven't been working in an environment where I get attend them, I have attended the Mount Vernon Lee Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party the last two years.
Occasionally Cake has also been one of the sponsors of the party the last 2 years which is great for getting the word out about who we are within the chamber.This year was especially nice because we were to be honored at the party. Occasionally Cake won Best New Business of 2009 and we were so very excited to win our first big award as a business!
The dinner was fun, Marcia & I sat at the table with our good friends Jeff & Becky Todd and their lovely daughters. Lorne unfortunately couldn't be there because he was traveling for work. It was sad for me that he wasn't there so that he could share in the success of the business he has supported and worked hard to get going as well.I was very grateful for my brother Rory who watched the girls. I never worried while I was at the party because I knew they were in good hands and this was further confirmed the next day when all Jasmine could talk about was how much fun she had had with Tio Rory.
So, it was a great night and I have a shiny plaque to hang in the bakery so that people know we are the best! Oh, and did I mention I bought a new dress? I got many compliments on it throughout the night.

0 comments: