Friday, May 15, 2009

Jasmine & Ava's Blessing Dresses

The week before Jasmine was born, I decided to sew her blessing dress for her. I had a lot of fun doing it and I was proud to say I had made it for her. So this time, I decided I wanted to make one for Ava as well so that they would each have their own dress made by mama. I like to sew but don't have a lot of time to do so, so it is the only thing I have made for the girls so far. I am happy with the work I did and I had a good friend, Linda Patterson sit with me and help me get it done by making sure I knew what to do - it had been 3 years since I had taken my machine out for a spin! I took pictures of both girls' dresses and so I post them here to brag a little! Jasmine's is the first picture and Ava's is the second picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does this mean you are going to start making dresses for little girls too...Where do you find the time? Very nice!!

Jeff said...

Great job! They are both beautiful. I love the pink ribbons on Ava's. I wish I could have seen it on her!
(this is Jill)

Summer said...

I love the ribbons too. That is incredibly beautiful fabric in the skirt of Ava's dress!