Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ava is 3 weeks old!

We took Ava back into the doctor for a 3 week weight check as she had not regained her birth weight the previous week. I felt confident that this appointment would go well and I was not mistaken. She was up to 8 lbs. 5.8 oz. She had gained 9 ounces in 1 week and I was happy for that!She is now more awake and sleeping pretty well most nights. She can sleep 6 hours straight and for me, that is enough for now. I can survive on that! She is also super strong and holds her head up well and for a considerable amount of time. She is also fascinated with her hands and tries really hard to control them and always wants them free and on her face.She loves to eat and we are almost on a consistent schedule now. She also loves to sit in her bouncer chair and look at the toy bar trying to figure it out. I am sure any day she will actually be able to reach out and touch the toys!We just love our new little "Munchie" (that is her current nickname) and are so happy she is ours!

1 comments:

Lourie said...

She is so cute. They both are. I am looking forward to seeing the first smiles.