Friday, May 8, 2009

Ava's First Bath and Other Delights!

A good friend from church, Sarah Epling, made these cute sewn flowers for her daughter's hair and I asked her to make some for me to put in Jasmine's hair. I came home to find 4 pairs of the cute hair flowers and fresh rolls (yum!) and a little book to put pictures of the new sisters inside. I put a pair in Jasmine's hair and had her model them for a picture - aren't they cute and more importantly, isn't my daughter gorgeous? :)When Ava came home from the hospital, I found the cutest picture on the fridge drawn by Jasmine showing our family and she had had someone write on it her feelings of the day Ava was born. I believe this was done at school. I love the picture and wanted to share it with you - to see it bigger, just click on it!We gave Ava her first bath because her umbilical cord stub had finally fallen off. We were hoping her first bath would be fun for her but alas, just like her sister before her, she screamed through the whole thing pretty much. We still managed to get some good pictures and get through the bath, remembering to scrub in between all of her folds and wrinkles - including the neck!After the bath, we had a nice little family dinner with grandfather and my parents also. Nothing fancy, some lasagna, salad and dessert. I love having a casual family dinner where we can chat and relax!

0 comments: