Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 4 - Boston

Lorne had to work for a few days before we headed home and we were happy to join him. Since Laura is currently searching for a job, she had time to hang out with us and show us the beautiful and chilly city of Boston.We were excited to go to the Public Garden where we saw the mallards and the bronze statue of the ducks in the book Laura had given to Jasmine as a gift. I loved the beauty and serenity that the public garden held in the middle of a thriving city. I could imagine having a picnic in the park and reading a book as the sun shone through the trees and the swan boats floated by on the pond. Simply breathtaking. I definitely have to go spend more time there and walk around the parts of the park we didn't get to.We took a ride on the swan boat and Jasmine really enjoyed being on the boat and seeing all the ducks and a few swans as well. Now when we read the book, she remembers she went on those boats. It is so great! It is worth mentioning that this was Ava's first boat ride!We stopped at a large playground for Jasmine to take a break to play and run around and so I could feed Ava as well. Jasmine had a ball and I was happy she could have a chance to get all her energies out.We then walked much of the Freedom Trail that goes through the city and our first stop on the trail was a church with a cemetery that boasts such tombs as Mother Goose, Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, and of course Benjamin Franklin.Next we saw the State House and a few markets before seeing Paul Revere's house (I must go back when I can get a tour inside) and finally, The Old North Church - where as you may know was where Paul Revere had a reverend put 2 lanterns in the steeple to warn that the British were coming by sea. I thought that was pretty cool to see - a historical gem.Having done quite a bit of walking pushing the double stroller with both girls, it was nice when we arrived at the restaurant that night, where we met Laura's parents and brother Andy for a great Italian dinner. I didn't take any pictures at dinner because I was tired from the day and was trying to feed Ava before the food arrived and then I was trying to engage in semi-intelligent conversation (from my end) and it was too much bother. Suffice it to say it was a very lovely dinner and evening with the whole Richter clan. We especially loved meeting Andy and along with the rest of the family would like to see more of him. I had a ball walking around Boston all day with all my best girls. It was a great day and Laura is a phenomenal tour guide. It helps that she loves Boston as well and loves to share her knowledge and she is also a great conversationalist and friend. Spending time with people I love in great places is what life is made of for me and it was about time that I went up to Boston to spend time with Laura.

1 comments:

Jill said...

I love it when big cities have a big awesome park in the middle. Its just a little bit of serenity tucked in its own place in the middle of chaos!
And I love the new blog look!