Thursday, July 10, 2008

Uncle Neil and Auntie Di Visit - Day 2

On the second day of the visit Neil found he had a bad toothache and wanted to see a dentist. Well, since he asked, I referred him to Dr. Annette Scott and after calling in, they had a spot for him right away. I took him in and was shocked when he walked out of his appointment an hour later one tooth lighter. She extracted his tooth and he looked pretty good but a little dazed.
Despite the trauma, I took Neil and Di to Mount Vernon for the afternoon so they could get some of the local history of our neighborhood. We had a nice time, toured the house and got a few snapshots.That evening, I had a family dinner so that Neil and Di could meet some of my family. Since I had only met them twice prior to this visit, I wanted them to get to know my family so they could get to know me better. My parents and grandma were able to make it but my brother Ryan and his family had other plans. It's too bad they couldn't make it, I am sure they would have had a nice time.We made some of our Campbell family specialties, BBQ ribs, scalloped potatoes and broccoli salad. The meal was tasty and a very enjoyable time.

0 comments: