Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3 - A Capital Fourth

We were very lucky to secure spots in the VIP section for the dress rehearsal of A Capital Fourth. This is a show that is done in DC every 4th of July and they hold the dress rehearsal the day before. Since our dearest Kevin Zarcone used to work for the Choral Arts Society, he has connections there and was able to get us in! This is the second time we have been invited to this event by the Zarcones and it was fun once again.Jasmine was amazed when she saw the stage and all the people. She warmed up the crowd by singing God Bless America to them and we were proud as punch to watch her perform.

That girl has no fear when it comes to crowds and performing. In fact, she often better for a larger crowd than a smaller one as she takes it more seriously when there is a big crowd of people she doesn't know.She surveyed the people and leaned into me and said, "Mommy, all of these people are waiting for me to go to the microphone and sing!". I tried to explain to her that it wasn't her turn and this back fired on me through the night. Each time a performer finished their number, she leaned to either me or Lorne and loudly whispered, "Is it my turn yet?". Each time she asked the yet got more and more pronounced. She wanted so badly to be on that stage and sing for everyone. Someone find this girl an agent!Some of the performers this year included Huey Lewis and the News, American Idol Winner Taylor Hicks and Jerry Lee Lewis.Thanks to the Zarcones who invited us! We love you!

2 comments:

Summer said...

We watched and I wondered if you were there. If'd known for sure, I would have looked harder!

Summer said...

Okay, now I understand it was just the dress rehearsal, feel free to delete this and my previous comment.