Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bye Bye Laura

So on Sunday after the Disco party, Andy arrived from London. Andy is Laura's boyfriend and we were very excited to meet him. He was charming and very fun as expected. We took him to lunch at Bugsy's and for a walk complete with ice cream on the boardwalk of Old Town Alexandria. We had a lovely evening with them and it was very nice to get to know Andy.
On Monday, I drove them both to the Metro so they could go into DC. That night we met up at Lauriol Plaza which has the best Mexican food in DC. I highly recommend it if you have never been. Laura had invited as many of her friends in DC as she could and consequently, we were a large group.
I called Natalia and wondered if she wanted to stop in, have a bite and see us, since it is so rare that we are in the city. She accepted and after her workout at the gym she came by and we had a great time.After dinner it was time to say goodbye to Laura and Andy which was hard because it had been 2 years since I saw Laura and now I had to say goodbye so soon. We have promised to visit her in London so I will start gently pushing my London travel agenda on Lorne! We love you Laura and miss you! You too Andy!

0 comments: