Sunday, July 26, 2009

Washington State Vacation - Day 3 - And our Anniversary

Our 3rd day of vacation was also Lorne and my 7th wedding anniversary. It was nice to be on vacation to be able to enjoy each others company and realize how blessed we have been during the last 7 years. I am truly blessed and thank God daily for bringing Lorne into my life and helping Lorne realize I was the right girl for him. I love that man.
One of the best things we have done in our marriage was to bring two beautiful daughters into the world and that Sunday morning as I dressed the girls for church, they were so cute I couldn't resist taking some snapshots of this gorgeous moment in time.We headed over to the Menzie castle and they had made us a fabulous breakfast - baked french toast, bacon and such and it was delicious. The kids then had time to play together before we had to leave for church. It was awesome to watch them together and hear their banter back and forth. I love hearing little kids talk to each other and it was funny to hear Jasmine and Luke go at it and then watch Hank try and get in on the action.I helped Tallie prepare dinner for after church (some amazing chicken enchiladas) and it felt like old times, gabbing away in the kitchen, doing a productive activity together and working together toward a common goal. Loved it! Made me miss not having her closer to be honest and it was refreshing to know that even though we don't see each other all the time, it is as if time has not passed when we are together.
After church, we walked into a yummy smelling house, as Tallie had set her oven to a timed bake so that the food was ready when we got there (how clever indeed). We sat out on the back porch and the weather was divine as was the company and the food. I didn't want it to end. Tallie asked me if I would bake her a cake and we determined that she had the ingredients for our famous banana cake and cream cheese icing. So after we ate, we made a cake and left it to cool while we went on a driving adventure.Tallie and Mark took us on a driving tour of Tacoma and showed us some of their favorite places. Had I paid more attention, I might remember some of the places they took us - I just had fun seeing everything and we even stopped to get some fun anniversary shots of Lorne and I.When we got back, the kids were sleeping and I iced the cake quickly - probably the ugliest cake I have ever made but the taste was good so that was redeeming!We sat on the back porch again in the perfect evening and had cake, and talked for hours. Totally heaven I tell you. Since we were leaving the next morning, we took a group shot of the four of us before we left - if we look tired, it was after 1 AM!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray - new posts!