Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Before Laura knew the work she was in for, and the chaos we were in for, we took a day and went into DC to relax and do something fun. We settled on the Sculpture Garden (which I absolutely LOVE) and the Museum of Natural History - which holds so many memories for me as a child.We spent some time in the sculpture garden walking around, appreciating the art and finally, lounging by the fountain dipping our feet in the cool water - it was a pretty hot day! It seemed like the perfect thing to do as everyone else was doing it (No, I would not jump off a bridge if everyone else was doing it Mom!) and as soon as we decided to indulge, we found it to be perfection. The coolness on our feet, the heat on our skin and the company of loved ones. Like I said, Perfection.After some time we decided to go and check out the Natural History Museum. I love seeing the Dinosaur bones and walking through the exhibits - many of which are different from when I was a child. Jasmine was opinionated when it came to where we would go next and she decided that some of it wasn't that fun to see - she may be a bit young to get it yet.When we took her to the gems exhibit she was fascinated and told me she wanted some of those so she could be a princess. I told her that she would have to ask Daddy.She also loved the Mammal exhibit. I had not yet seen the updated Mammal exhibit and I must say they did an excellent job on it - the lighting, the display and the flow is great. Jasmine loves animals so she loved walking around and telling stories and naming the animals she saw.Ava was a doll as she was carried by Mommy and Daddy in the carrier. She loves to be close to us and rarely fusses when she is in the carrier. I remember that Jasmine used to be the same way. What a sweetie.

1 comments:

Susan said...

OK, just because everyone does it, it doesn't make it right! I can't imagine all those smelly feet in the water! lol Sounded like fun!