Friday, July 24, 2009

Jasmine's Dance Camps

We enrolled Jasmine in 2 weeks of dance camps this summer. One was a Fairytale Ballet camp for a week and the second was called Broadway Babies Camp. Jasmine was there all week from 9 AM until noon and during that tie she was taught more dance steps and routines and also had a snack, did a craft and watched bits of movies. She absolutely loved going.
At the end of the first week I was quite busy and sent Lorne to pick her up on the last day. He informed me that when he got there, he found out that the class was doing a special performance for the parents and that I had missed it. I was heartbroken because I don't like to miss those kinds of things. Lorne as there however so at least Jasmine was represented with 1 parent there. He took some pictures on his phone and so we at least have a couple of shots.
At the end of the Broadway Babies Camp, I wasn't going to miss the performance so I made sure to get there on time with the video camera there and we were in for a HUGE treat. The kids had learned 4 routines that they performed for us. I was so impressed - that is a lot for those little ones to learn and memorize and they did very well.
The first dance was their tap number - There's No Business Like Show Business. Jasmine is front and center looking like cousin IT with her hair all in her face, but you get the gist of it - I couldn't get a better shot without moving and disrupting everyone. I also had to laugh because as cute as the hats were, they seemed to be a difficult prop for the kids to use.


The second number was their Sound of Music moment and Jasmine was La (the note to follow Sol) and she is super cute in this one being all dramatic.

The third number was their contemporary number and that one was a bit rough for Jasmine - also happened to be their most difficult. This was the Shrek number and Jasmine was Fiona.


The last number was obviously Jasmine's favorite because in my opinion she did it the best. It was the ballet routine. She was supposed to be a mechanical doll and she really understood the concept and her movements were sharp like a wind up doll would be. She did that dance again and again at home.

I really love this dance studio and I am so excited that Jasmine is going into her second year starting in September. She really loves dance and being on the stage and I think it shows in everything she does. I can't wait to see this little talent of hers develop and I will do all I can to help her when I can.

0 comments: