Sunday, July 12, 2009

Elton John and Billy Joel

A few months back, I got an e-mail from one of those online ticket places informing me that they were opening up more seats and tickets for the Elton John, Billy Joel concert...I thought, "What? Elton John and Billy Joel? I didn't know they were coming here and giving a concert! Lorne would LOVE to see them!" And so I decided it would be the ultimate gift I could give to Lorne as he is such a huge fan of both of them. I also decided that if I was going to buy tickets, I was going to get the best seats I possibly could.
So I got online and paid about $400 for 2 tickets and though, "Wow, is he ever going to be impressed with me and my gift!" and then got really really excited about it. I decided that this would be his new dad and Father's Day gift from me.
I gave him the tickets and he was excited but we had to wait until July 11 to go. When that Saturday arrived, we had my parents lined up to babysit and we went off on our first date alone post baby Ava.
They had the concert at Nationals Stadium and it is a huge place. I believe the concert was sold out and there were people all the way up in the rafters. We had decent seats but we weren't on the lawn - I can't even imagine how much people down there paid...The concert was amazing - they even had a bit of technical difficulty with Elton's piano at the beginning so they shifted the order of the concert around. I liked them before but after that amazing concert, I am a BIG fan. Lorne enjoyed it too and we had a fabulous time together. It even felt really nice to have a little time to ourselves without our girls...is that bad?

0 comments: