Saturday, July 25, 2009

Washington State Vacation - Day 2

We got up the next morning, enjoyed breakfast and then went to the front desk to inquire about my bags and the lost car seat. We had been told the night before that they were on the next flight and would be delivered to the hotel and would be waiting for us in the morning. They lied.
Lorne went to the airport to pick up our rental car and we wanted to get going as we had a couple of hours drive ahead of us. I couldn't very well leave Portland to go to Seattle without my things.
They finally arrive just shy of noon and so we took off toward Seattle to visit my dear friend Tallie Menzie and her family who I also love. Tallie was one of my mission companions and we were companions for 5 months which in mission time is a LONG time - we emerged from that companionship eternal friends and someone I can tell anything to because I know she won't judge me and will understand where I am coming from. She is married to the amazing Mark Menzie and they have 2 boys, Luke and Hank (totally gorgeous).We had a nice road trip in the car checking out the Pacific Northwest and I absolutely loved it. It is so green and so what I had imagined in my mind. We passed some interesting things in the road - among them this:We got to our hotel in Tacoma, checked in, showered and went over to see the Menzie clan. They had some fun plans in store for us that evening. Tallie's brother had recently been working on a skateboarding ramp in his backyard and so we were going to go there, eat Thai food and hang out. We sat around and chatted for a bit before we left and Jasmine took to Luke right waya. They are about a year and a half apart and finally Jasmine found someone who didn't bend to her every whim and desire. Luke held his own with Jas and I think she liked him even more for it. They played wonderfully together - I really wished they lived closer!
On our way, we did a driving tour of Seattle with Tallie calling us on my cell phone to tell me what I was seeing. Here are some of the photo worthy things we saw -I loved spending the evening hanging with my friends and watching the kids have fun on the ramp It started to drizzle a bit and we just chilled in a hammock and it was heaven to me.When it started to get dark, we piled back into our respective cars and stopped at a place called Dicks for some yummy ice cream. Jasmine didn't get any as within 30 seconds of driving in the car, she was passed out.On our way back to Tacoma, we drove by the space needle and tried to get some decent pics. Unfortunately, the ones Tal took of us in the dark didn't turn out. But the ones I took from the car were cool.

0 comments: