Thursday, December 4, 2008

20 Weeks - Halfway Baby!

I am officially at 20 weeks today - And we also had the opportunity to schedule our 20 week ultrasound so we could see how our baby was growing and progressing. As most parents, we were anxious to see that all was well and that the baby was healthy. We of course got to find out the sex of the baby as well - but really that was secondary to making sure the baby had all the right parts and that everything measured the way it is supposed to at this point in pregnancy.
It was funny because as all you moms out there know, I had to drink a lot of water prior to coming in so that the bladder was full. This restricts the wiggle room the baby has and they can get some of the pictures they need. Then, they have you empty the bladder for the rest of the pictures. Well, our baby was so active that it took the technician an hour and a half to get all the pictures and measurements she needed. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was that I couldn't see the monitor so I couldn't watch the whole process and I really wanted to see - but Lorne got to watch the whole thing and he even figured out what we were having before the technician told us herself! I decided that they need to rig another monitor onto the ceiling so that Mommy can watch too!

We did get 5 pictures of our darling and I also had Lorne take some belly shots of me since you all have been complaining - the thing is - I really don't have much to show yet! Even Lorne has said that he wants me to have more of a bump than I have but after he saw the baby in there today he is convinced we actually have one in there!
This is a front view of the face and the curled up feet - the technician said everything looked perfect and the baby even has a beautiful spine!This is a side shot where you see the profile and a hand and arm and hand - do you see it?It's a Baby Girl! We are thrilled and will do a post on our feelings about it tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah! Congrats! Jeff said he thought you would have another girl :)
Sabrina, you are looking fabulous! Way to go. I think it's all that chasing after Jasmine...
Love you guys!

Sara said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I remembered but forgot to call to find out. Hurray for ultrasounds. I think if I had to I would wait until birth but by golly we have the technology why wait! I am glad she is a healthy sweetheart.

Mandy said...

We miss you in choir, but congrats on the baby girl! You look amazing and I am sure you and your family are so excited!

Shelly said...

Thank Heavens for little girls! We love 'em at our house. Congrats to you. How exciting.