Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

On Christmas Day we got up to see if Santa had come and indeed he had. Jasmine was super excited because Santa had eaten 2 of the cookies and the reindeer had eaten the carrot and Santa left a note for Jasmine to tell her how much he had loved the cookies and specifically mentioned Rudolph eating the carrot.

She ran over and saw all the gifts under the tree and her little eyes lit up. She is really good at knowing what her name looks like in writing so she could see on the labels which gifts were hers to open. Mom and Dad's job was to make sure she knew who they were from. She opened and admired all her gifts and we even had a funny moment when Jasmine opened the umbrella Santa brought her (which she had asked for) and we noticed it had holes in it. Apparently the quality control in the North Pole was not stellar this year and so Mommy is sending it back to Santa so he can replace it with a non-holey umbrella. Jasmine thought Santa was being silly and she has told everyone about the holey umbrella.
She was thankful for everything and she was happy to have family around her. After opening all her gifts she was hungry and ate 2 bowls of cereal and 4 clementines. We were amazed that she ate so much and she continued to munch through the morning.
We left my uncle's house around 1 PM to make it to my mother's house for Christmas lunch. We were meeting up with Bobby, one of my step-brothers and his family for gifts and such. Also, Lorne and I hadn't opened our gifts yet as we only did Jasmine's in the morning. My brother Ryan played Santa and he was pretty funny and we had fun opening our gifts and Jasmine got another slew of spoiling from her grandparents and uncles and aunts. I loved watching her and Roman open gifts together.

When the kids were done, Lorne and I opened our things and we had fun seeing each others expressions. I was excited because I was able to get Lorne the gift he really wanted, a new Samsung Blu-Ray player that he specifically asked for. It was hard to get for a good price but I managed it and was so excited. He also got some fun things for his Wii - Guitar Hero and Rock Band. My parents gave him a colleciton of books he has been wanting to read and he made out this Christmas. I too made out and was excited to get an attachment for my computer that allows me to watch TV on my computer and also a new external hard drive as my hard drive on my current computer (which I just got last June for my birthday) is almost full. I have put over 23,000 pics on it and all our family movies so it is quite full.We had a tasty pasta lunch and spent time talking and relaxing. It was super fun to be with so many family members on Christmas and I feel to me that is the best part of the celebration.We headed home around 7-8 PM and opened the few things we had at home under the tree from friends and our family in Australia and also our stockings. I like spreading it all out so that it isn't so overwhelming and we can enjoy each thing that someone spent time thinking about buying for us.All in all, it was a wonderful and happy Christmas and it made all the rushing around and activities we did to prepare so worth it. The time just seems to fly faster and faster each year.

0 comments: