Friday, December 12, 2008

A Nice Surprise

Since I love to make new friends and I have to as so many are deciding to move away, I recently befriended a cute sister in our ward named Sarah Epling. She has 3 gorgeous kids and she is super cute. Her husband is also nice and flies a helicopter in the military so we don't get to hang out with him quite as much. I have fun going over to Sarah's house occasionally surprising her with cupcakes and sharing big laughs over stupid stories. I think it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.I mentioned last time I was at her house for a chat that I am a big fan of homemade bread rolls but that I am not inclined to make them myself. I always enjoy other people's efforts and happily taste test as many as others will allow!
Well, Sarah remembered this conversation and she showed up at our doorstep with warm fresh bread rolls! What a treat! No sooner had I said goodbye and closed the door when I decided to dig right in. Who needs to wait until dinner? I decided on some butter and blackberry jam (homemade by another friend of course). They were delicious and I even decided to share them with Lorne and Jasmine. Did I mention I took the picture after I ate 3 of them? Thank you Sarah!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You are more than welcome. Anytime dear friend!

Emmy said...

What a sweet friend you are. . . .and, I know you are just the sweetest friend to her, too. Wish we lived closer. I always love to check your blog - Jasmine and Mae really are a lot alike. You hit the nail on the head with that one! We may be out east the last week of March (bad timing with your pregnancy and all, I know. I will let you know the dates so we can stop by and see you if possible!) Love!