Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Ward Christmas Party

We attended the ward Christmas party to celebrate the season with the other members of our ward. We were also scheduled to sing and the Primary kids were scheduled to sing (under my leadership). We were disappointed to find out the no one in the ward wanted to play Santa and therefore there was no Santa this year. Who declines playing Santa? We hadn't told Jasmine he would be there so there was no catastrophe here but we did hear from several others that they had told their kids that Santa would be there and were trying to figure out how to un-tell them.
We made some food baskets to give away and then had dinner - which was a bit anti-climatic because they served cold cut sandwiches and chips.After dinner, the kids got to hear the Christmas story read to them and during it, there were musical performances. Jasmine and I sang Silent Night together (I think we did a good job - especially since I taught it to her in 3 days!) and we had other musical acts. Here is the video for your viewing pleasure!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

We had a discussion this year about the whole asking someone to play Santa. Seems that to some it just comes across as "Hey, your fat, wanna be jolly too?"
Another reason to be glad we're women. I'll never be asked to play Santa. :)
How's DC treating you?
P.S. I stalk your blog :) Beautiful cakes!

Emmy said...

Sabrina, I love this post. How fun to see you both sing together! I miss singing with you, but seeing as we only sang together at funerals. . . it's probably good for everyone we aren't singing together! :) LOVE!

Tiffany said...

Sabrina...I love this! I have never seen a more beautiful duo. You guys are fabulous...hope to hear more.