Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mom's Birthday Celebration

Mom had another birthday and we wanted to celebrate. It was even more special because this is the first birthday mom has had in years where all 3 of her children could be there to celebrate with her. She decided she wanted a family party at home and she cooked Uruguayan finger foods to munch on. She made pasta frola, pascualina, homemade pizza, little quiches (not Uruguayan), dogs in a blanket (also not Uruguayan), and Abuela Meme made pizza quiena. I was responsible for the cake and since I hadn't had time to make one myself, I went to the closest thing to local competition and bought a mousse style cake from Hollin Hall Pastry Shop.We sat around and chatted, the kids played, and we had a nice time. We ate a lot of food but it a funny because when the party was over you wouldn't have known we ate anything. We sang and had cake ad took some fun family pictures! Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comments:

Susan said...

I had a great birthday! Thank you for sharing it with me. Great pictures. I really like the one with me and my three children.

FYI: The cocktail hot dogs are Uruguayian. I just didn't know where to get them so instead we got the ones wrapped in a blanket. So let's say 50% Uruguayian :)