Friday, April 3, 2009

Laura's Visit and Easter Egg Coloring

My dear friend Laura (whom I met at GWU when we were students there and we have been fast friends ever since) has recently moved back from London (after securing her 2nd Master's Degree - what a smart cookie) and we were dying to see her. I gently urged her to come to DC and see us and she finally obliged.She arrived Thursday night and after promptly going to bed, we began having fun the next day. Since we had scheduled an Easter Egg hunt with Jasmine's friends to take place Saturday the 4th, we needed to prepare for that even and so we invited the Trauger girls to come over and we colored Easter Eggs. This was also an especially good activity since it had been raining all week and the first day of Jasmine's Spring Break was that day.The girls were super excited to color eggs and I was super excited to have so much extra help. Kelleen, Laura and Laura's friend Mary were there to assist and therefore, I got to sit and relax and be photographer (my favorite thing!). When we were done, we had four and a half dozen nicely colored eggs to hide the next day (plus the plastic ones I had bought). There were only a few casualties during the egg coloring process and so a few of those eggs were eaten. The girls loved coloring the eggs and made some very creative designs. Laura even got in on the fun and colored some beauties.I love having friends and neighbors that are so close to us and that we can share these special moments with. These are bonds I hope will last throughout Jasmine's life and that we can always treasure these friends.

1 comments:

Laura said...

YAY! I got a post for my visit!! :):):)