Monday, March 16, 2009

Saint Patricks Day Party - 5th Annual

As many of you already know, we like to have parties on the holidays that are not already taken by our friends! This keeps us free to attend all the Christmas parties and so forth and they can attend our events. The first big party we throw each year is our Saint Patrick's Day Party. Neither Lorne nor I has any Irish claim but the holiday is fun and green is a great color, so why not celebrate it?We always have green food and a movie that has something to do with Ireland or Leprechauns. I hate to say it, but after 5 years we are starting to run out of movies - I guess Hollywood doesn't get inspired too often to make these types of movies and I refuse to show the horror Leprechaun movies - we like this to be family friendly and I am not a fan of the horror genre. This year we watched the Unlucky Leprechaun and it wasn't as bad as last year's movie. It was semi-cute and the kids liked it so that was a plus.The food was fabulous as always. I love that everyone brings a green dish to share. This makes the food plentiful and interesting. The decor of the room was festive and I have to shout out a BIG thank you to Amy & Steve who helped set-up, decorate and were my right hand people for the party. It is amazing how much easier this stuff is when you have more hands to help!We also set up a craft for the kids, they were able to make shamrock wreaths and they turned out super cute. I have to get the glue situation in better control next time though - I bought the wrong thing and it always makes these types of projects really hard when you buy the wrong thing.Everyone wore their green clothes and had a great time. I love spending time with family and friends and it was great to have everyone over. Stay tuned for next year's party - hope those of you who couldn't make will be able to make it next year!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know - Lorne does have a very distant Irish connection...
His G-G-Grandmother was born in Ireland. I think that makes him 1/16 Irish! Can't you tell?
Ain't family history work grand!?!