Thursday, March 26, 2009

36 Weeks

I do not really have a picture on the 36 week mark but I did have an appointment with Dr. Walker this time. I am now at the weekly appointment stage of pregnancy which is kind of nice because it makes me feel I am getting closer to the day when little baby Ava will arrive.
The Dr. told me that I was already 1 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. She also felt the baby's head which means the baby is head down and that is the way it should be. She measured my belly and after talking a bit about my swelling, she determined she didn't believe I would go all the way to my due date. But really, no one ever really knows unless they decide to schedule these things and I want the baby to choose when she comes - up to a point! One more week and I would be considered full term.
So, I am split about when I want the baby to come. If she came a bit early, I get my body back sooner and as I am so uncomfortable right now, that would seem like a relief. On the other hand, I have a very full schedule and have some things I would like to get done before the baby is born and some events I would like to attend. But I will go with the flow of whatever happens. This is not something I have much control over!
I will try and have a picture for 37 weeks and the weeks to follow until the babe makes her grand entrance into the world!

2 comments:

Tal gal said...

Holy Smokes seeing that I don't get to see you everyday. This pregnancy has flown by! I love her name. So exciting!

Jill said...

Yeah for being almost done!!