Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Owen's 2nd Birthday Party

The Tabaka Family's youngest member, Owen, turned 2 years old and they threw a Handy Manny blowout birthday bash for him and we were invited. It was loads of fun and everything was spectacular.They had some great entertainment. They had a face painter for the kids and a caricature artist for the kids and adults. It was amazing and he did an amazing job! I sat for my caricature and then at the end of the party convinced Jasmine and Lorne to sit for a joint one. They turned out really cute and I will be framing them and hanging them in our home.The food was also good - because what blog post of mine would be complete without the food review - they ordered BBQ from Dixie Bones and my my it was delish. I had the ribs, mac and cheese and beans.It was nice to sit around and chat with friends like the Traugers and Jasmine spent a lot of time downstairs playing in the playroom full of toys. They also put out their karaoke machine and Jasmine was a little star singing on the microphone and I even took a turn singing a few oldies but goodies.They had an amazing cake in the shape of the Handy Manny toolbox. It came from a little bakery called Occasionally Cake and I was impressed! Owen seemed to love it and everyone remarked on how good it tasted and how they didn't even know it was a cake at first glance.The party was super fun and the Tabakas sure know how to throw a party. I can't wait to attend more of their functions and continue to watch their kids grow. Happy Birthday Owen!

0 comments: