Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Easter

So, after Jasmine filled up her belly on Easter candy and we had her all dressed up, we went to church. It was nice, I sang in our ward choir but we only did 1 number. We are few in number but the song turned out as good as could have been expected. I ended up pinch hitting in Primary during the Senior Sharing Time. The counselor that had sharing time was going to show a video but we couldn't get the blasted thing to work so she asked me to entertain the kids while she went back to the library to get another player. Well, we started reading some scriptures out of John in the Bible about the events leading up to Easter. The kids were really receptive and there was a very sweet spirit in the room. Turns out the library didn't have any other DVD players available so I finished what I had started. It was great to share with these children my personal feelings about our Savior. After Jasmine's nap, we headed over to my parents house to see the family and everyone had presents for Jasmine - it was like Christmas! We had an Easter Egg hunt (see previous post) and then had some appetizers before dinner. The food was quite excellent. You know me, always talking about the food! There were deviled eggs, pizza quiena, and some little rye puffs filled with a cream cheese mixture that was quite good. Marcia joined us for dinner and it always nice to have her. We feel she has definitely become one of the family and hope she is always around to celebrate with us! Dinner was phenomenal - my mom really outdid herself. She made leg of lamb, green beans with egg, roasted potatoes, a cold Italian pasta salad (with a Parmesan chip and porccini mushrooms - watch out Top Chef!) , and honey glazed carrots. For dessert, she made an Italian cake with chocolate on the bottom. It was good. I even took leftovers!All in all, we had a great Easter and even though we were so busy, we focused on Christ and family and that was what I liked best!

2 comments:

Summer said...

You look very beautiful in your pictures Sabrina. Stunning in the despite the craziness of your schedule!

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

I must say, I love the pic of you and Roman. It really is adorable!

xoox,
C