Friday, March 7, 2008

Puke Patrol

Not a new name for an upcoming band, but what Lorne and I have been on for about 15 hours. Last night around 11 PM, Jasmine woke up crying and so I went in to check on her with Lorne closely behind. I reached in her crib to touch her and comfort her and I felt some slimy, gooey stuff. I retracted my hand and turned on the light to find my precious child covered in her own vomit and obviously terrified. It was all over her and in her hair and on the bed and wall and stuffed animals. It was very chunky and gross, she obviously had not digested her food from dinner yet.
We quickly went into battle mode, Lorne took Jasmine and drew a bath and I got to work on making the bed habitable again. It was completely disgusting, I don't do well with my own vomit, much less someone else's. I doused everything with prespot and started the washing machine and Lorne got Jasmine cleaned up and dressed in some clean PJs. I took Jasmine to our bed and cuddled with her. All of a sudden, she began to throw up again, this time all over me and herself and a little bit in the toilet. We had to stick her in the bathtub again and wash her down and I had to take my clothes to the wash.
We decided to give our little munchkin a blessing. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have a husband with the priesthood that can give our little girl a blessing when she needs one. It was a very sweet blessing and he said that as soon as she cleared out her stomach she would start to feel better. He also told her in the blessing that she was so blessed to have a mommy and daddy who loved her so much and that she could always count on us and we would always be there for her. It was very touching and Jasmine was also very happy that her daddy had been able to do this for her.
After this whole ordeal, you can imagine that she was pretty awake and it was hard to get her to go to sleep. Lorne rocked her in the rocking chair for about 40 minutes to get her to sleep and even though she woke up a little when he tried to put her down, she eventually went back to sleep for the rest of the night.
Today, we had round 3 of the puke problem. She was very happy this morning and had her breakfast and said that her tummy dind't hurt anymore and so I decided to take her with me to the gym. She loves to play in the childcare and was excited to go. I dind't think anything of it, and we also had plans to go to my grandma's house for an overdue visit.
I picked her up from the playtime and she was happy and excited and she said she was hungry so I stupidly (according to Lorne) took her to McDonalds so she could eat in the car on the way to Abuela Meme's house. Well, we made it halfway there and Jasmine lost her lunch in my car. I decided the best thing to do was to turn around and come home. I felt so bad because Jasmine had to sit in her own yuckiness for another 30 minutes while we weaved through the rainy traffic to get home.
When I got home, Lorne took Jasmine to get her clenaed up and I took care of the car. Oh my goodness, can I just tell you how gross that was? I spent like 30 minutes trying to take the car seat apart so I could wash the cushions and clean the plastic underneath the cushions. I have it in pieces in the rain right now waiting for me to get the energy to wash the stinky straps with soap and to scrub it down. Meanwhile, Jasmine is peacefully napping and the car seat cusions are soaking in the washing machine - let's hope 3 times is the charm!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Yucky!!! Ellie hasn't ever thrown up, but my niece did several times when she visited us in August. I spent a lot of time cleaning things up in my house during her visit. It was NOT FUN! I don't envy you!

Summer said...

Whenever Hayden is sick, I always tell James there are things that only a parent would do for their child.

I hope that she feels better soon and that you have the stamina to last until then!