Monday, March 10, 2008

Cindy's Baby Shower

Cindy's Baby shower was February 23rd but I think I have recovered enough to write about it and post some pictures. This was the second baby shower I threw in one month - perhaps that was over-ambitious but I couldn't help it as I adore Cindy and Jill (the first shower of February) and they decided to have babies so close together. We had Cindy's baby shower at her house in Frederick since most of her friends don't know me and many live in Maryland. It was a challenge as you can imagine, to throw a party in someone else's home and I was missing my best assistant, my amazing husband. I also didn't want Cindy to do work for her shower but it was pretty much unavoidable. I went up on Friday night, the 22nd because I needed the extra time to shop and prepare the food and decorate the house.
It all turned out well, the party was well-attended, we played some fun games and the food was also good. Cindy made out like a bandit with gifts for the baby, so many cute things. All in all, a lot of fun was had, but boy was I exhausted when I left that night. I have sworn off throwing baby showers for about 6 months! But after I rest up, I am ready for another round!

0 comments: