Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The First Daffodil of Spring


When Lorne and I were married in the DC Temple almost 6 years ago, a lot of funny things happened. The sealer tried to marry me to a Colin (Co as in No) Campbell and Blair (Lorne's Brother) sat there laughing his head off before correcting him. But, amid all the funnies, the sealer said some very nice things to us, one of which we have never forgotten. He told Lorne how he should treat me as his wife and that he should always remember to bring me the first daffodil of spring. The spring after we were married, Lorne brought me the first daffodil that bloomed in our garden to show me he had not forgotten the words of the sealer, and every year since, he has always brought me the first daffodil that blooms in our garden.

This year was no different except he took Jasmine with him to pick the beloved flower for me. Jasmine got into it and insisted that she get what we have now affectionately called the second daffodil of spring. It made me smile to see the 2 daffodils blooming in the vase of water and seeing how our love continues to grow in our marriage and in our little family. What a beautiful symbol of the everlasting commitment we made to each other those 6 years ago.

4 comments:

Summer said...

That is awesome that he remembered those words and that he has followed through throughout the last years.

We had to buy our daffodils from the cancer society which was selling them as a fundraiser. It snowed today, no daffodils from the ground yet.

Summer said...

I think that it is wonderful that he remembered those words and that he has carried them through the last 6 years.

Unknown said...

That was bloody hilarious!
I still crack up now thinking about it.
Coh-lin... funny! ;-)
Nice to see that you guys are establishing sweet family traditions like this - maybe we'll have to start some. Our family traditions mainly focus around driving each other bonkers!

Kevin said...

I think that is so sweet. What a touching way to remind yourselves of your everlasting love.