Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 5 of Training for the BIG Walk!


You can click on the pictures to make them larger so you can see them all!
This past week has been fabulous as far as training went. I walked a total of 26 miles (up from 22 the week before) which brings me to a total of 80 miles in the past 5 weeks. I am still working out 6-7 days a week and along with the walking, still enjoying the days I do my body flow (tai chi, pilates and yoga) class. My body is beginning to get stronger and my mind is clearer and happier now that I am being more active than I have been in the past. I have seen so many positive changes from this commitment I have made and I hope you will all notice them too.

Thank you to those who have donated money so far, and to those of you who will soon! I am now 34% of my way towards my goal of $1800 (remember, if I don't raise the full amount I don't get to walk!). I still need more of you to get in gear and show the financial support. I would hate it if I didn't make the money and after all this training, I couldn't participate in the walk!
Let me tell you about our training this past weekend. On Saturday, we walked 11 miles on the GW Parkway trail and it was raining. I loved that we had a chance to train in the rain because rain or shine, the walk will go on and I want to be prepared for whatever the day may be like. We took some fun pictures! Marcia, my mom and I happily completed the walk, but it was not without some pain. I had some blisters on my toes and heels and so next time need to make sure I am prepared for that. Other than that, I felt great and for the first time, really believed that I will be able to walk all 39 miles!Sunday, Marcia and I walked 6 miles through Old Town Alexandria and it was so fun to see all the cute neighborhoods we walked through and enjoy camaraderie and friendship! Stay tuned for next week's update!

0 comments: