Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Here Eggy Eggy! Get in Jasmine's Basket!

We wanted to make sure Jasmine had an Easter Egg hunt here at home as well as at her grandparents house. As I had so many performances and a wedding cake this weekend, we factored in that 10:30 AM on Saturday would be the time for the family hunt. We wanted to invite over some friends (Traugers, Astles and Childs) but we decided too late when we were going to do it so it didn't work out! Sorry guys - we will do better next year! Lorne hid the eggs and then in a grand performance, he excitedly told Jasmine that he had just seen something in the backyard. He said he saw the Easter Bunny! He then said, "Oh my goodness, I think he dropped something!". Jasmine said, "It's Candy! We have to go find it!". I looked out of the bathroom window in our room and could clearly see where most of the eggs were hidden. I told Lorne he hid them too easliy and he reminded me that as amazing as our child is, she is still only 2 1/2. She had a great time running around the backyard and searching for the eggs. She did tire quickly and started saying, "Here eggy eggy, Get into Jasmine's basket!" It totally made us laugh! It was fun to be out there with her and experience her joy as she looked for eggs.

Saturday afternoon, Jasmine went over to grandpa and abuela's house to color eggs. She had a fun time coloring eggs with grandpa and she took her afternoon nap there as well. They had a yummy KFC dinner with Lorne as well (I was at my concert so I wasn't able to join), and all in all, they had a great day!

Sunday, on Easter, we went back to my parents house and grandpa had hidden the Easter eggs for Jasmine and Roman to find. They were very cute. Ryan was helping Roman find eggs so for a while, Jasmine was running after them to try and steal their eggs. Ryan wasn't too happy about it but calmed down when I reminded him Jasmine was only 2 years old! Succesfully this year all the eggs were found (this has not always been the case in previous years). Abuela Meme even got in on the fun finding her 2 eggs.


1 comments:

Summer said...

I love you when you are trying to get Jasmine to cooperate in the midst of all her excitement. Hayden enjoyed watching the videos with me.