Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

I love the holidays because I get to spend them with my family and extended family. It is also great to get some good food to eat and Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that really, the food is the star and eating is what it is all about.
We all congregated at my uncle and aunt's house to eat a feast fit for kings. I brought dessert of course - Pumpkin Roll. Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Mousse Pie. The rest of family did all the rest of the food.Before we could eat, we got to hang out and relax, some played pool, other relaxed on the sofa but lots of laughs, conversations and good times were had by all.Finally, it was time to eat and we all sat at one big table. The turkey was carved and presented on a big platter and the rest of the food was passed around family style. I piled a lot of food onto my plate, it was gross in the gluttony really, but what was worse was that I ate it all - it was all so good.After dinner, we all sat around eating dessert and digesting our food. Ava even got to try some pie! She loved it - of course. That is when we all got crazy with taking pictures of everyone - at one point, my uncle seized my camera and took pictures of all kinds of thing and people - I do not have space in this blog to put them all up!It was a really nice night and it was even nicer to sit around and think about all that I am thankful for this season. The list is so long but my heart is full of thanks to a loving Heavenly Father who gives me all that I have and has made me all that I am.

1 comments:

Emmy said...

Cute post, Sabrina! What a gorgeous family you have! I cannot believe my eyes with Jasmine. . .she is so big. . .and totally beautiful!