Friday, November 27, 2009

New York State of Mind

We were so excited that Jan was here in the United States for the first time and we wanted to show him as much as we could so we decided to take the weekend and go to one of my favorite places and a United States must-see - NYC.
It was very difficult getting away since I had some orders I needed to complete the day after Thanksgiving at the bakery and prepare the cupcakes for Saturday. My mom kindly agreed to work so that I could have a break and I was so grateful for that.
We got a late start Friday evening and didn't leave until after 5 PM. Lorne was a bit disappointed that we couldn't leave earlier but I rushed as fast as I could at the bakery and not having Marcia there to help was difficult.
I was so excited when I saw the bright lights of New York - I always feel very alive when I am in that city and someday I hope to live there if I can ever convince Lorne...Jan was like a kid in a candy store. He was gaping out of the window and taking pictures and visibly excited.Lorne kindly used his hotel points to secure us a free stay at the Doubletree Hotel in the middle of Times Square. It was amazing and since he had perks, we got to stay in a room high up with an incredible view. It was a suite, so the girls stayed in our room with us and Jan got the pull out couch bed in the living room.Ava seemed pretty impressed with her first night in New York, I held her up to the window and she took it all in.We didn't get to do anything the first night but it was nice to settle in for a good sleep in the Big Apple.

0 comments: