Monday, November 10, 2008

A Star is Born - Again!

Our daughter is the most precious and amazing little creature we have ever seen! We can't believe that we have been so blessed as to be her parents. She amazes us at every turn and her special musical number in church was no exception. She loves to sing in public and she especially loves to sing by herself. She has no fear and knows exactly what to do.
She was asked to sing in church and so she selected the song "I Will Go and Do What the Lord Hath Commanded" which is a featured some from one of the church movies she loves to watch. Lorne had the music and so they practiced all week so she would be prepared on Sunday and the gorgeous little girl did not disappoint.

We aren't really supposed to record in church but we kind of broke the rules. I actually had wanted to record the vocal but I didn't have a tape recorder to use so I asked someone to use my camera and to record Jasmine. I didn't expect him to point it at her but I am glad he did. When Jasmine was done singing, so many people were smiling and some were crying - they were so touched. I was so proud of her and it really touches my heart to see her and her daddy perform together. So as a treat to all of you - I have included the video in this post!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Beautiful job Jasmine. I loved the volume that she maintained throughout. She could teach some of our Primary kids a thing or two about singing loud in public.

Anonymous said...

Speechless just speechless!

Jill said...

That was wonderful. She is such a precious little girl.

Susan said...

I was in tears by the end of the song and she is going to sing it next Sunday in my Ward. I will be crying form the beginning I think