Saturday, November 15, 2008

Moving Day

We decided that the stuff in the garage had to go to the bakery. It was taking up far too much room and I wanted my house back. The only problem is that we are still making cakes while we are trying to get this bakery open and it complicates things a bit when we need something we accidentally moved to the bakery.
Rory came over over with his Land Rover and we hooked up a trailer we borrowed from Joe Trauger (thanks Joe!). We actually got the stuff moved (oven and all) with only 2 trips. My dear friend John Peterson came to help as well and Marcia's brother Kelley lent a hand.Now all the stuff is at the bakery and we have started construction on the plumbing and the counter top so the place is looking like a construction zone. There is a big hole in the floor where the plumbers had to jackhammer to install the plumbing we needed to have! Oh well - if I can get the architect to hurry a bit more, I could go to the county to begin the HUGE process of gathering the necessary permits! This is taking longer than I wanted it to - but I am still hopeful we can get this open before the holidays! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Dayna said...

Cool! I'm still waiting for pics of the guitar cake though!

Unknown said...

Wow
Who would have thought opening a bakery would be so complicated?
;-)

Jill said...

How exciting!
I'm jealous of all your leaves on the ground!