Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beginning the Bakery Buildout

Of course, getting a bakery ready to open is no small task! We decided that we would do as much of the work as possible ourselves and then hire out only the plumber and electrician - oh and now an architect and a sign guy. We started the process with a 2 day cleaning that was done by myself and my brother Rory. It was intense - we cleaned the walls, mopped the floors and cleaned the windows (3 times) in order to just make the place ready to work.
Then the painting started. I selected some paint colors and a pattern I wanted painted on the wall and Marcia, Rory and Lorne got to work. I helped sponge paint the bathroom and I must say I am very pleased as to how it all turned out.
Joe Trauger (Kelleen's husband and my neighbor) and Rory put in our Pergo laminate flooring that will be the flooring in the customer area. I was impressed they did it in about 6 hours and it looks great.

3 comments:

Tal gal said...

It looks awesome!

Jill said...

it looks awesome! what do you need me for? I can't wait for pictures of the finished product!

Dayna said...

How exciting. I'm so happy for you. You are going to be so successful!