Monday, November 3, 2008

The Big Snip!

So, my younger brother Rory has been growing his hair out since I got married. In fact, he last cut his hair for my wedding because I asked him too - so sweet! Anyhow, he has always intended to cut it and donate it to Locks of Love and recently decided he would do this now. I wanted to help him and be there to take the pictures so I set it all up for him.I found a girl who worked at the Vidal Sassoon hair salon in Tyson's Corner and she was willing to cut his hair for free. We made the appointment and Jasmine came a long too - to watch her uncle give up his hair.You can imagine that this was an emotional process for him and he had become quite attached to his hair. He was a willing participant but he was nervous nonetheless. As we waited, I took a before picture of him so we could have a good comparison of the difference.When it was time to make the cut, he was super tense and very nervous. She cut off 11 inches in a ponytail that he would send to Locks of Love and then proceeded to give him a nice shoulder length cut. He winced as he saw the hair falling to the floor but I kept trying to reassure him and Jasmine did her part by periodically kissing his hand, giving him a cuddle and saying, "It will be OK Tio!"When the cut was done, I must say I thought he looked great and Jasmine really hit the nail on the head when she exclaimed, "Tio, you look so cute and fancy!" We went and had a treat and then ventured back home. I was so happy that we had gotten to be there and spend the time with him while he did something I have always admired but could never do. My hair won't grow long enough to be able to cut it off and donate it and still have hair left for a cut! What do you all think? I think the cut is great!

7 comments:

Dayna said...

Rory's like a new man!
Reminds me of Michael Landon.

Unknown said...

Wow - Rory - I bet your head feels a ton lighter!
Great job mate.

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

He looks hot! His hair is beautiful...and having it short really brings out his beautiful curls!

xoxo,
C

Summer said...

I think his new cut is very sophisticated, if you can say that of a man's style.

Congrats on the sacrifice of your lovely locks!

eatdrinkcleveland said...

Whatta hottie!

Unknown said...

I think Rory looks great! Love it!!

Sara said...

Wow what a difference. I think his hair looks great. Much healthier looking and definetly lighter! Looks fantastic Rory!