Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting the Keys

We showed up at the space on Friday Oct. 31 to get the keys to our new bakery and were met there by the leasing company manager and a few others. It was nice to be able to talk face to face with them, since we hadn't met them yet and to get some business items out of the way.
It was such a neat feeling to get the key and know that the space is now going to be our store. Marcia was even able to be there for this and it was nice for us to get pictures together as we embark on this new journey. We also realize there is a lot to do, but we are up for the task and know we can get it done.Throughout this process there were times when I felt uncertain about doing this - it is such a big thing for us. But as I talked it over with Lorne a lot, he felt this was the right thing for our family and I felt a peaceful calm as I knew he was right and I haven't had any fear since then. Something in my heart lets me know this is going to work - I will make it work! I have had nothing but positive responses from everyone I have talked to and everyone in Mount Vernon seems very excited to have our business be an addition to the community. I have a feeling our grand opening will be grand indeed. So, here's to us and our new business and getting going!

4 comments:

Dayna said...

SWEET!!!
No pun intended ;)

Anonymous said...

Sabrina,

I am so proud of you. I can not wait to come into your bakery and say I would like to speak to the owner and you walk out. How exciting!! LOVE YOU!

Sara said...

eeee... Good luck I am super excited for you... I have butterflies in my tummy just thinking of how awesome this will be for you guys.

Tal gal said...

you go girl! How exciting.