Friday, November 21, 2008

Jasmine's Preschool Thanksgiving Feast

I had the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at Jasmine's school for the Thanksgiving Feast they held the Friday before Thanksgiving. I also signed up to bring the sweet potatoes. I was excited because this was something I have been looking forward to doing for a while - being able to help out in the classroom.Jasmine was very excited and you could tell the kids knew something was going on. I heated up my sweet potatoes with marshmallows and helped dish up the plates for the feast. A great bonus was that I got to have a plate of food too! This is great incentive for a pregnant lady!
Jasmine didn't eat as much as I thought she would - I think they served the feast too close to breakfast time - they ate at 10 AM and Jasmine usually eats breakfast at 8:30 AM. She ate all the candy corn off of her cupcake (made by another mom) and ate her turkey wrap. She ate a few bites of everything else but didn't want the pumpkin muffins at all.I am glad I got to help out and when I was done cleaning I left to do a few things before I had to come back and pick her up at the end of the school day. I love these little moments I can share with my daughter and hope to be able to participate more as she continues school and continues growing! I want her to know that I love her and support her in everything.

0 comments: