Sunday, September 9, 2007

Oh what a Saturday!






We were invited to 2 events that we attended yesterday. Coincidentally, I made the cake for both events! The first one was the annual picnic for our contractors Rob & Suzanne Kalmin of RJK construction. It was held at Watermelon Park in Berryville VA. It was a very nice place and the food was wonderful. There was a bee problem however. There were so many bees there and they were aggressive - one landed on me and I had a fit and one landed on Jasmine's face and again I had a fit! I felt like I had to keep moving around so they would leave me alone. Jasmine loved being there and Lorne and I took her into the water wading a little bit. She saw some tadpoles and a crawfish and she splashed her feet. She was sad when it was time to leave.

We were also invited to attend the Kensington Arts Theatre's (KAT) 6th annual gala that they hold for fundraising. I was asked to make the cake and I also donated a cookie bouquet and an 8 inch decorated cake that were bid on in a silent auction. It was such an enjoyable night - Kevin and Cindy were there with Kevin running the event and Cindy performing during the evening. It was nice to watch the performers, the food was delicious and compliments rained down on my cake - both looks and taste! It was a very successful evening and we left tired and happy.





3 comments:

Cindylou said...

You look SKINNY woman!

Whohooo!

Emmy said...

You are so talented!!

Emmy said...

You are so talented!!