Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Bee Sting

I had hoped to never have to write a post like this but yes, you read it right, Jasmine had her first bee sting - well, we think it was a bee, could very well have been another type of flying stinging bug since she got 3 stings. We were walking back from the playground when her body went rigid and she lifted her hips from the stroller. I thought she was spooked because I ran my hands around the seat of the stroller and nothing was there. She seemed to calm down so we continued the walk home. As we got to our driveway, she did it again, and this time she began screaming a little louder. She wouldn't sit right in the stroller so I had a hard time getting the belt off of her. Luckily, Kelleen was there with me and we quickly saw we had to check in the diaper. Now, she was wearing a onesie and a skort (skirt with attached shorts underneath). as we pulled the diaper away, there was the black varmint - and it flew away (that is why I think it might not have been a bee - since they usually sting and then die). Kelleen told me to give her Benadryl and then Tylenol and an ice pack on the wound, so I did that right away after we got inside and she was still screaming. It was cute though because after I started all the first aid, she got into it and wanted to see what I was doing and held the little ice pack to her stings on the side of her little bum. As she drank the medicine out of the syringe, she exclaimed, "Mmmmm Delicioso!" I knew then everything would be OK -

0 comments: