Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 4 - The day before the big wedding

The fourth day we did a lot to prepare for the wedding the next day. In the morning, Ute picked us up and we went for a manicure. The only problem was that it was a little bit of a stressful manicure as I had to bring Jasmine with me. No one was available to watch her and she quickly learned that Mommy was sitting in a chair and couldn't get up to run after her. She wanted to touch all the equipment and go running around and it was very difficult to get her to be still. Despite the interruptions, I managed to get the manicure done. After this we went on a few errands with Ute, and had lunch with some other out of town guests in the Marketplatz near St. Killiani's Dome. It was really nice.

After lunch we went back to the hotel and my mom had arrived! That was really fun but she was so tired. I put Jasmine down for a nap and put my mom doen for a nap and went off for a few hours walking around the city alone. It was blissful to have a break and to know my daughter was safe with her grandma. I took some pictures, did some shopping and had a nice walk.
When I arrived back at the hotel, grandma was still sleeping but Jasmine needed to go run around - so I took her to a playground near the hotel and let her run it out!
We went to a nice dinner that night (my mom and us) and had fun eating and talking. After dinner, we walked back to the hotel and called it a night, since we knew that we would have a big day the next day!
One of the funnest parts of the day, I almost forgot to mention was when we were out and about and there were some street musician playing some fun German music and Jasmine became completely enthralled by the music and she just stood there and stared. When the musicians caught wind that Jasmine was interested, they sung her a children's song (that I caught on video) and then another some - a blues piece that they inserted her name into. They even gave her a marraca to shake.

self-portrait in the park by the river

Fort Jasmine

Abuela and Jasmine by the Main river

I ate a whole pork shoulder at dinner - it was so good! There was a broccoli and cheese side that was to die for! The restaurant was called Die Alte Mainmuller.

My favorite bridge at night

1 comments:

Jill said...

So in all your pictures, you guys are wearing scarfs. But not jackets. Is it just for the fashion?