Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nach Deutschland Gehen Wir!

Tomorrow we fly in the friendly skies (Jasmine and I) to Wurzburg, Germany. We are so very excited! I have been looking forward to this trip for some time. Many of you may not know that when I was 17 years old, I did an exchange program where I spent my summer in Germany going to school and learning more about the language and culture. I became very close with my host sister - Ute Hartmann - and we have remained close ever since. I returned to Germany for a visit when I was 20 and haven't been back since, although Ute and I last saw each other about 5 years ago. Ute is getting married and as she currently lives in Shanghai China, it is very difficult for us to travel there - not to mention expensive. But she is getting married in Germany and so we are attending. I will be singing at the reception (it is a surprise-she doesn't know) and have contributed to a wedding cookbook and a wedding newspaper. So, if I don't get a chance to blog for the next week, be on the lookout for a log of our adventures upon our return! We will be gone a week!
Ute and I about 5 years ago!

1 comments:

Emmy said...

Hartman was my last name before I was adopted - just a little unknown fact. :)
Have a wonderful trip! Be safe! I am so excited for you!!