Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chocolate Lovers Festival 2010

We were invited to participate in the Chocolate Lovers Festival in Fairfax to be in the Chocolate Challenge and we thought it would be fun to compete in the professional category. The festival was supposed to be in February but because of all the snow, it got moved to the beginning of March.
I had a lot of fun designing the cake for the competition and I looked forward to competing and doing well. I titled the piece Chocoholic's Breakfast. I was very pleased with the outcome.I got to meet up with my friend Norm - I hadn't seen him in over a year and it was fun to chat with him again. He was one of the judges for the competition. He also did a demo of how to make a purse cake and Jasmine had a blast heckling him from the front row. He thought it was so funny he had her come up to help hi and later we got a picture of them together.I ended up winning Best in Show and Best in Taste and we also won the People's Choice award as well. It was a great day and worth staying up late the night before to finish it!

1 comments:

Summer said...

I love this cake! The colour choice is what makes it. You are one talented lady my dear.