Friday, March 19, 2010

Preparing for a Cake Show

When I met up with Norm Davis at the Chocolate Lover's Festival, he urged me to compete in his cake show that was coming up - the National Capital Area Cake Show. I have never competed in a show this big and I decided to try. The only problem was that I didn't have a lot of time to work on my entry.
They also had a child division and I asked Jasmine if she wanted to decorate a cake for the show and she answered YES! I set her up at the bakery and let her do everything herself. She did fantastic. I let her have all the creative control and she made a cake that really reflects her personality.I created a cake that I would love to have with a color scheme I love. I wasn't happy with the way my brushed embroidery came out but since I waited until the last minute to fix it, there wasn't much I could do. I was sure the judges would take points away for it but I wanted to enter anyway.

0 comments: