Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring Fling

Jasmine's Art on Display (click to see big)
Thursday May 1, we were invited by Jasmine's school to attend their annual Spring Fling where they display all the children's art projects and have treats and parents get insight into how amazing the school is. I was asked to provide cupcakes for the event which is always good advertising for me. The cupcakes were a hit, they went fast and people really loved them. We got there early so I could set up and Jasmine had McDonald's with her friends Kirsten and Marin (those girls are so cute!). Abuela and Grandpa came to the event which I loved. I have always loved how my family supports each other in their successes no matter how small they may seem. Jasmine was super excited to see them and I want that to be a constant in her life, knowing that her family loves her and is proud of her. Lorne drove in from his business trip in Philadelphia to be there and it made me so happy to see him make it. I know he was tired but I know that Jasmine was happy to have her daddy there. She would run around calling after him and it was super cute. Since I had to man the cupcakes, Lorne went and found all of Jasmine's art so that when the cupcakes were gone, he could take me around and show it to me. I was so happy when I got home and really felt that those are the moments life is made of and I am so happy to be able to be there for my daughter when she needs me and to have the support of a loving husband and extended family. Life is just so good!

5 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun thing. I'm sure Jasmine felt very special and that all her family was so proud of her.

And your cupcake are so pretty, as always!

Susan said...

It was a lot of fun and her art was very impressive. The school does a really good job.

Anonymous said...

That's a great blog, I do love that one of Marin and Jasmine on the ship! hugs kt

Summer said...

Where are the pictures from your big walk? Now I am going to be the one to bug you about updating your blog!

Laura said...

hurry up and update! i want to hear about the walk! :)