Friday, May 30, 2008

Vacation Day 2 - Wilmington NC

The forecast for Day 2 was good and so we decided that it would be our beach day. We also decided to go to a different beach than where we flew the kite the night before since we had already been there, done it. We decided to go to Carolina Beach and Kure Beach. There are right next to each other so we aren't sure which one we actually went to! Jasmine was so excited. We had bought her some great toys to make sand castles with and to play in the sand and we bought her a little life vest she could wear to go in the water. She loved the idea of going swimming. The only thing was, after we got there and tried to get her into the water, she wouldn't have a bar of it. She decided she was scared of the waves. The weather was GORGEOUS - 77 degrees and the water was warm like being in a bathtub. Lorne watched Jasmine for a bit while I tackled the waves for a bit and then we watched Lorne in the water for at least an hour. Jasmine finally let me put her feet in the water and let the waves come to her and I decided that was a small victory. We ended up staying until about 3 PM and then decided to take a leisurely drive on the backstreets back toward our hotel. We house-hunted, even though we aren't in the market. We took lots of fliers and looked at quite a few beach houses that are up for sale. I think if I have an extra $2 million, a house there would be the best. I daresay it is better than the OBX. Let's go there for Thanksgiving this year! We also drove by the house my grandma used to live in. I wanted to talk to the people living there to try and understand what had happened but when I knocked on the door I found no one was home. Oh well...I did take pictures since Lorne told me I would regret it if I didn't. He is always looking out for me that wonderful man...

We had linner (lunch and dinner together) at a great place called Casey's BBQ (http://coastalncrealtor.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/caseys-buffet-bbq-down-home-cookin-at-its-best/) which was buffet of Southern foods. The food was amazing and definitely a place for locals. The restaurant itself was rundown but the food was worth the tired ambiance. The fried chicken was the best I have had and the macaroni and cheese was amazing. Lorne even tried fried okra - wasn't his favorite but didn't hate it!
We decided to go to the movies that night as a family to wind down. We were full of food when we left the restaurant and so we didn't even buy snacks at the movies! We watched Narnia: Prince Caspian and Jasmine fell asleep halfway through on Daddy. We really enjoyed the movie and thought it was totally worth watching. It was a great end to a great day.

0 comments: