Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day

So, firstly to all my friends that are mother's HAPPY BELATED MOTHER"S DAY! I was too self absorbed and busy on Mother's Day to call anyone other than my own mother. It was a really nice day though. It all started with me waking up at 8 AM and Lorne bringing Jasmine into have a cuddle with me in bed. She brought me the card she picked out (a Mickey Mouse card that talks!) and Lorne gave me a gift - a beautiful bracelet that he bought me that I was not expecting but absolutely love! Thanks babe!I next went downstairs to finish icing a lot of cupcakes that I was giving as gifts and also taking to my uncle's house that afternoon for our get-together. While I was doing that, Lorne gave me 3 dozen beautiful roses (red and white) and I was excited because they are my favorite and were the colors we used in our wedding.Jasmine got into the shower with me to get clean for church and we all got dressed and rushed out to church. Oh, I almost forgot, I got a pretty corsage to wear to church and Lorne got one for my mom and grandma too! What a sweetheart - all you husbands out there take note!After a grueling day at church - we did crafts with the kids and I taught a lesson - we came home to put Jasmine down for a nap and have lunch. I also had to finish making the gifts for my mom, grandma and Casey and wrap them too. By the time we finished that it was time to leave the house to go to my uncle's house. We had yummy Uruguayan style dinner and relaxed and had fun just being together. This has to be one of my most favorite things to do, just relax and enjoy my family - there is seriously nothing better!Lastly - I know it is a bit late but I wanted to tell my mom how amazing she is and how happy I am that she is my mom. Mom, you have been my biggest support, ally, and friend. You have integrity and have always been honest and just with us. You are smart and talented and so very impressive with all that you have accomplished in life. I could not have asked for a better mother or a better grandmother to my little girl - I am so blessed to know that you will be my mother forever! I love you Mom!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Children are a blessing from God. I am thankful you chose to come to our home. I love you and admire you for all that you are and all that you do.

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you as well!

xoxo,
C

Unknown said...

Tell Lorne to stop making the rest of us look bad!
;-)

Emmy said...

Wow - you look gorgeous in those pictures, Sabrina! How is it you're not aging? hmmmm. . .. have you found the fountain of youth in those cakes!?
LOVE you! Miss you!
xoxo-emmy