Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vacation Day 3 - Wilmington NC

By now you may not care about the last day of our vacation but I will tell you anyway! We had decided that we would look for furniture while we were in North Carolina because we hears you can get good deals there. This was something Lorne really wanted to do. We need to replace the furniture in the basement as the frame on the leather couch is broken and not worth fixing.
We spent all morning into the early afternoon going from store to store and not being wowed at all. We did find what we were looking for at the last stop we made and we will probably purchase the sectional we found there.
After all this furniture hunting we were hungry and it was almost 3 PM. There was a restaurant called Old Chicago and we ate there before heading back to the hotel to give an exhausted Jasmine a nap. We needed one too!
After nap, we decided to go swimming at the hotel pool because Jasmine really wanted to swim and had been to scared to swim in the ocean. We loaded her up with her pool gear and found that we had the pool all to ourselves. It was great. Jasmine was a star in the water. She had been scared last summer when we tried to get her in the pool but this year she is loving it! With her floating ring and life vest she paddled around the pool by herself trying to chase and play with us. We had a ball and I was even able to set the camera up for a timed picture of the 3 of us! After the pool we got showered and I gave Jasmine a pedicure and myself one too. Jasmine loves to have her toes painted and we had fun. I even let her wear a bit of my lipstick because she asked so nicely and seemed fascinated by it - we have a girly girl folks!After sprucing up, we decided to go to a little shop down the street called Rita's. I have been trying to get my hands on a Rita's Water Ice treat for a few years now and it has always eluded me. I told Lorne I was not leaving North Carolina without having one so we went. It was delicious and we all had fun eating it. We retired for the night after a nice day and after breakfast on Tuesday we headed home. All in all, it was so nice and needed for us to get away and I am so grateful we were able to find the time to do it.

2 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun. It makes me envious.

Anonymous said...

love the one of the feet