Friday, April 25, 2008

Don't be mad, Mom


So Jasmine has been up to her funny antics again. She really is so funny and says the darnedest things. It amazes me how much she knows and is learning and picking up from others.

The other day, I was mad at her and yelled a bit in the morning. Can't remember what she did, maybe it was running in the house or throwing things on the floor - anyhow, I digress...after her nap that afternoon, she looked at me very sternly and said, "mommy, don't be mad at me because I am beautiful!" I was stunned. I was dying of laughter inside and I just looked at her and said, "Is that right? How beautiful are you?" She said, "A little bit beautiful." I then told her that she was the most beautiful girl in the world. Which she is.

Jasmine loves dressing up like a princess and she is into her crown and jewels. She also likes to crown others. I don't know where she learned the crowning language but she crowned me saying, "I now crown you Princess Mommy!" Even funnier, when she wants me to help her put her crown on she complains if I don't say the right words. She will say, "But Mommy, you have to Crown me!"

Jasmine is very jealous when I kiss and hug Lorne and always feels she needs to be in on the action. Lorne has explained to her that I am his wife. Jasmine will usually exclaim, "Mommy is my wife too!" She also tries to claim Daddy as her husband. We always explain to her that we have rings and were married in the temple and then she will look at Daddy and ask him to get her a ring too!

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is really cute!

Unknown said...

Just to clarify - is she asking you not to be angry at her because she's beautiful (ie the cause of your anger is her beauty - jealous old mummy!) OR
is she asking you not to be angry at her because she is beautiful (ie - her beauty should make you happy).
So... is it 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful', or is it 'you have to smile when you look at something so cute'.
Does that make sense? I'm guessing its the latter rather than the former.