Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Princess Sleepover

Friday night April 4th we had a princess party sleepover. Kellen and Joe (Team Trauger) had a date to meet some friends for dinner and so they asked us to watch their girls and I suggested that they spend the night so that the parents didn't have to come and disturb them at a late hour and also give them a night to themselves.

We had a great time having Kirsten and Marin over. The first thing we did was play dress up and get the girls princessed out. We happen to own 3 princess dresses, 3 crowns and a slew of play jewelry. Too bad we need to add shoes to the dress up stuff! After getting gussied up and taking some cute pictures, the girls settled down to watch Snow White while I ordered pizza for dinner. The pizza arrived just as the movie was almost done but we stopped and ate some yummy food!
After dinner, it was time to build the princess tent in the basement and the girls and Lorne had a fun time helping build and then getting in and playing inside the tent. Around this time, I noticed Marin was fussy and ready to go to sleep. After putting Marin down, we decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. Jasmine and Kirsten made them together and I measured out the ingredients. As the cookies baked and cooled we sat at the kitchen table for story time and I read them The Cat in the Hat (one of my favs) and then Kirsten read us Fox in Socks (she reads amazingly well for a girl in Kindergarten!). After cookies and milk, it was time for bed so we got the girls ready and down. It was so fun to have them and even better that I didn't have to work on any orders so I could spend my time playing with them and enjoying their company.
It's too bad that in the middle of the night I ended up having to call Kelleen over to stay with the girls while Lorne took me to the emergency room. I was having pretty serious pain in my left side of my abdomen and they later found a cyst on my left ovary (nothing to worry about but they do cause pain). I felt bad that I cut Kelleen & Joe's night alone short but I hope to have the girls over again and have some more fun. How amazing to have the best neighbors ever!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like so much fun! You always know how to throw a good party. I hope you are feeling better and everything is resolved with your cyst.

Susan said...

You are really surrounded by beautiful royalty!! Looks like a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

Thank you...we are lucky to have you guys too. hugs!!

Unknown said...

Wow- cyst on the old left ovary huh?
You don't read about that everyday in the middle of a princess party!
Cute pics.