Thursday, January 31, 2008

Terrible Tradgedy - Two Bees Take a Tumble

We are recovering from a rash of bad luck here in the Campbell casa. It seems the two ladies of the house are prone to clumsy accidents. Last Friday night, I was on my way out of the house for this cute Primary activity we were doing, a drive in movie for the kids. I had not been feeling well so I was rushed for time after having fallen asleep in the afternoon.
I was taking Jasmine so I put her in the car and went back inside to grab the last things I needed before we left, namely my camera and a pillow. As I began to descend the stairs, my slipper slipped on the top step and I fell on my back all the way down. The camera hit every stair also and it is broken. Also, I got some extremely large goose eggs on the back of my leg and back. I did get up and make it to the activity but I paid the price later. I didn't get up out of bed all weekend not only because I couldn't move but because I was also very sick.
Monday I wasn't feeling that much better and then Jasmine decided to be like Mommy. She was climbing the basement stairs and somehow she fell and at the bottom landed on her arm. She cried for almost an hour, which is unusual for her. We decided to put her down for a nap and hoped that when she woke up, it would be a distant memory. Well, she never fell asleep and we noticed she wouldn't move her hand or use it. We made the decision to take her to the pediatrician. They sent her for x-rays and they found that our sweet child had fractured her wrist - in both of the bones, the ulna and the radius.
We took her in Tuesday morning to get a cast put on her little arm. She was so brave and didn't cry when they were setting her arm. She got a pink cast and is calling it her pink arm! She was telling everyone how she fell down the stairs. She loves the sympathy.I also went to the Dr. on Tuesday and was diagnosed with a sinus infection AND bronchitis. You can imagine, I have not been able to train for my big walk this week and now just pray to get better so I can get back to it! I cannot even tell you how grateful I am that we have good health insurance and that Lorne was here for the first part of the week to take care of his girls!

4 comments:

Cindylou said...

Oh my gosh Sabrina. I haven't even had the chance to read your blog until now (and we have been exchanging messages on myspace) so I didn't realize all this had happened.

I am glad to know everyone is on the mend. Fortunatly for Jasmine, she is young so she will heal much faster. All the same, I am still sorry you guys are having such a hard time lately!

Take care of yourself sweetie! Give Jasmine a kiss from her Tia!

xoxo,
C

Shelly said...

Bless you hearts!! What a mess. I can certainly relate to broken bones with children. We go back to the doctor tomorrow with Ellie's broken tibia and she's still limping a little! Get better, both of you!

Summer said...

Good for you for following your instincts and bringing her in right away!
I hope that you both feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Sheesh - you guys are so plumpsy!
You are following in a long line of clumsy Campbell women - Cindy is similar and Mum was notorious for finding holes and stepping in them.
Of course - that is why you never take a woman on an adventure - they always sprain their ankle at inopportune moments.
Hope you guys mend ok and quickly - they're depending on you at the walk!